Join Filmmaker Monica Richardson. More to come ….
Join Filmmaker Monica Richardson. More to come ….
This is an old er interview – still- very important. We love Billy Joel, for his music, his songs, his voice and his speaking out how
AA is NOT FOR HIM . Thank you Billy Joel.
Billy Joel’s car smash-ups and trips to rehab are as famous as his songs.
But the Piano Man seeks to clarify many of the sensational headlines that have tarnished his image in a new interview with The New York Times.
Joel, now 64, says Alcoholics Anonymous or the 12-step program never worked for him because he doesn’t believe in them.
Not a drinking problem: Billy Joel reveals his trips to rehab and multiple car crashes stem from depression and not an actual addiction
His trouble with the bottle evolved from his bouts of deep depression stemming from the end of a relationship and the 9/11 terror attacks.
In the aftermath of the 9/11 terror attacks, Joel says that he ‘used booze as medication’ instead of the prescription pill kind.
‘I was kind of in a mental fog and it had nothing to do with the booze,’ Joel tells The New York Times.
‘My mind wasn’t right. I wasn’t focused. I went into a deep, deep depression after 9/11.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2330629/Billy-Joel-insists-battle-alcohol-depression-drinking-problem.html#ixzz4UxzJ8I85 Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
We are excited to be in London and showing The 13th Step. Monica Richardson will be there to answer any Questions after and meet & greet with any friends who want to meet her. PLease invite any professionals- Doctors, Lawyers, Journalists etc.
RT 52 min.
Starring Gabrielle Glaser, Dr Lance Dodes, Tom Horvath, Dr Marc Kern, Dr Adi Jaffe, Dr Barkhoudariun, Monica Richardson, Ken Anderson, Steven Slate, Stanton Peele, Claudia Christian ( One Little Pill )
International Filmmaker Festival of World cinema http://filmfestinternational.com/london/
Screening on Wednesday, February 15th at 6:30 PM. The Screening will take place at The Crown Plaza Hotel Docklands in Screening Room 1.
Well- it’s here— now– finally after four years of work. We won some awards, got into The Cannes Festival in the DOCUMENTARY CORNER, and fought hard to get Broadcast distribution. I get emails from around the US and the world daily about the problems in AA.
BUY IT HERE. CLICK ON THE BLUE THE 13th Step on top Left !
The film that tells the truth about the most revered self-help group on the planet. AA- ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, promoted as the wonder of this century by ROCKEFELLER, NEUT GINGRICH, DICK VAN DYKE, ELTON JOHN, EDIE FALCO, Senator Hughes, Chuck Lorre, Martin Sheen and many more.
Little did I know how deep the rabbit hole went when I started making the film in May of 2011. It was Christine and Saundra Cass’s murder in Hawaii that did it for me. Learning about Karla Brada’s murder put the nails in the coffin as well.
But when I learned about how Pilots, Nurses, and Doctors are extorted to attend in such an insane way …I could not believe my ears or eyes as I read their contracts. This could be another whole film on CNN , FRONTLINE or 60 Minutes – but I digress.
The latest News about Corrupt Sober Living Houses, (Chris Bathum featured on ABC 20/20 recently) fraud in Rehabs and how PROP 36 sends all the diversion folks to a SOBER LIVING, drug tests all clients and makes everyone follow the 1936 -12 step Prohibition WAYS of NO ALCOHOL , “no nothing” kinda mentality. YIKES !!!
Interesting note that Major Insurance is paying for The Sober Living sham, through a thing called IOP’s and expensive Drug Testing. Who owns the drug testing COMPANY you may ask? I find myself digging, again, down another rabbit hole. But, that’s another film. There is one pilot who I interviewed in this film. He was afraid to be seen.
Here is the link to rent or buy the film.
HI and Welcome ! There has been a real surge in FACEBOOK activity with ex AA members. Please join us if you want on FACEBOOK in the deprogramming page. I know some dont want to let their identity be known so we are keeping this blog going.
It is a different kind of communication.
No more hiding the truth about AA and NA anymore !
But what do they mean to me today some 5 years later. I know how AA and NA are killing people.
1. When a Doctor or a Pilot, Nurse or lawyer is extorted to AA for years on end. When A pilot has to play the AA game. ( AA was intended to be a place where the person came to AA on their own) some kill themselves.
2. When members drink or drug again and are shamed into they failed the program ( they didn’t work it hard or good enough ) ” Perhaps you need to do more service….is d=said very often. Also not true. But many cant bear the thought of going back and raising their hands and starting over.
3. Many are told by a sponsor or a stupid AA member that taking SSRI’s makes you not sober or clean. ( Utter nonsense) who do these people think they are ? Doctors?
4. Many are sexually harassed, raped or their children are molested. When the victim goes to the group, the groups says ” well, whats your part in it.( Victims have no part in people victims) Thats what Predators love about AA
5. The facts of what I now understand is that AA fails about 90-95 % who go.
6. There are violent offenders being sent to AA, and through Domestic Violence this leads to murder. Sometimes they have long criminal backgrounds. ( as for the case in the Petite Murders, they met in AA and then they targeted this family) I have posted the killers mug shots on this page at the top.
7. Suicide is a big killer in AA.
8. I think AA and NA are a huge cause in with Opiates deaths currently . Say a heroin addict goes to a meeting. He or she is told they can never drink a beer or smoke pot. They look around the room and see these creeps or assholes and think— GOD— I’d rather shoot heroin and or die then come to these meetings for the rest of my life.
9. AA can create binge drinking. SOUTH PARK did a great episode about this.
I am glad to be here to connect with Distributors, Broadcasters and other Doc film makers world wide.
HotDocs is the biggest Film festival and Market in North America.
No The 13th Step did not make it into the film festival, ( I was dealing with Breast Cancer) but it will be seen by over 25 Distributors and important decision makers on a one to one basis. It’s a short trip this time, but productive and I may get to see a film or two. Best thoughts to you all!
Monica aka massive
Thanks to Tom Horvath and Practical Recovery there will be a Free Community Screening.
Monica Richardson – Director /filmmaker will be there to answer questions after the film.
See you then!
If you want to host a Free Community Screening in your town contact us.