Seattle Mayor Ed Murray announced his resignation hours after a fifth accuser, a cousin, said Murray molested him when he was a child. Murray maintains he has never abused anyone.
For five months, Seattle Mayor Ed Murray rejected calls for his resignation amid allegations he sexually abused teens decades before entering politics.
But Murray couldn’t withstand a devastating new allegation from within his own family.
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray resigns after fifth child sex-abuse allegation
- Murray’s cousin accuses him of child molestation
- Man who sued Murray over alleged sex abuse wants millions from the city
- Accuser drops lawsuit against Seattle mayor
- Murray won’t seek second term: ‘It tears me to pieces to step away’
- Lawsuit alleges Murray sexually abused troubled teen in 1980s
- Meet Lincoln Beauregard, the lawyer for Mayor Murray’s accuser
- ‘He knows my name’: Accuser speaks out
- Why we’re not allowing reader comments
- Podcast: How our story came together
He announced his resignation Tuesday, hours after news emerged that a younger cousin was publicly accusing Murray of molesting him in New York in the 1970s.