Important Article by Gabrielle Glaser about Twelve Steps to Danger: How Alcoholics Anonymous Can Be a Playground for Violence-Prone Members
In light of the Harvey Weinstein Scandal, The #METOO and now #TIMESUP Campaign we are hoping that the voices of women and men who have been victimized in AA, NA, Rehabs and Sober Living will NO LONGER BE LEFT in Silence for Sexual misconduct and Crimes of a Sexual Nature.
We were interviewed by VICE a few months back. This was a huge break through. It felt like a miracle. But it is not. We are like the last house on the block. But we are not!
This is posted here with the permission of the writer herself.
Post written by Carrie Lee
So after a year of sporadically making my way through the Orange Papers and being involved here on this forum here’s my take on what’s going on with AA:
1. The premise and dominant philosophies of AA came from the Oxford Groups – a puritanical fundamentalist Christian group started by a nazi sympathiser
2. The program, a mish-mash of poor philosophy and random spirituality, was cobbled together through the ‘inspiration’ of a megalomaniac, womanising, momentarily-physically-sober madman with absolutely no supportive evidence that it could be relevant to alcoholics except the backing of one doctor who was apparently impressed with the idea of peer support (wow, what a concept). The god-stuff was entirely erroneous.
3. The program was given credibility when they lobbied the AMA to call alcoholism a disease so it would be covered by insurance …and so the now billion dollar D&A industry was born to perpetuate the myth
4. The program has always had a heavy confessional component that keeps people focused on their negatives, their self-esteem low and their minds therefore malleable
5. This allows for an environment in which control-freaks and predators can thrive and prey on the vulnerable
6. The program has no greater success rate than the percentage of people giving up naturally in any given year. Further, there are many components of both the program itself and the way people apply it that actively work against a person’s sobriety and well-being from simple ideas like don’t get a partner or job when both are proven to be tremendously helpful to people wishing to get sober, to the harmful such as “it’s a disease, you are powerless and will need us forever”, to the seriously dangerous like “don’t take your meds”
7. While you could forgive it for not being effective, it’s hard to forgive the serious harm done through sexual abuse, mental manipulation, guilt-tripping and humiliation that lead to suicides, binge drinking, premature death, loss of family, friends and support structures and at the very least, many lost years and opportunities
8. The program will never be altered in light of new evidence and proven current support mechanisms.
What’s not to like eh??!?!?!?!?!
As a long time ex AA member I HIGHLY recommend you DO NOT send your children to any 12 step rehab or sober living. AA is 95 % fail rate.
- The FBI is cracking down and investigating Insurance Fraud for SOBER LIVING
- Ask what credentials those working there have.
- Treatment does not take place in SOBER Living.
- Sober Living has NO DOCTOR – its a house that is over priced where your children may be treated like they are in prison
- In CA and Pennsylvania no background checks happen in those rehabs.
- Even and IOP Intensive outpatient may just be More AA – Big Book Studies and watching bad AA propaganda Movies like 28 days with Sandra Bullock.
- Body Brokering and Kickbacks are going on all over the USA with rehab and Sober Living Fraud.
- Being an AA member does not make one an expert on anything except their own drinking, drugging, failures and success.
- Criminals can be also sent to your kids soner living.
- Heroin may be swirling around and in those rehabs and sober livings. Your child is better off coming home to YOU.
- Please research and Attend Craft for families. Stay away from Al ANON.
- AA members are not experts and have NO TRAINING! Do not listen to them unless they prove to be trusted. Men who are intersted in your sons may be pedophiles.
- Your teens should NEVER go to AA or NA meetings without YOU!
CONTACT us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or concerns.
Get your copy digitally of The 13th Step at red hot prices. $1.99 rent for (72 hours) $5.99 to buy.
Are you tired of the court ordering of Violent and sex offenders to AA?
Are you tired of shows like MOM on CBS proselytizing AA as if it is the only game in town.
Were you or a family member abused in a 12 step sober living or 12 step rehab that failed.
Were you 13 stepped?
Were you abused by your AA sponsor?
Were you raped by an AA member.
Are you a professional forced to go to AA for 3-5 years? Were you forced to JOIN and organization from 1935 against your free will?
Are you a Musician forced to go to an expensive rehab or no Record Deal ?
Did you lose your child to the AA cult thinking?
Did your loved one die in 12 step sober living or 12 step rehab?
Time to fight back. Join us in a private FACEBOOK group as we come together to expose the dirty little and big secrets that we all know about AA and NA>
FYI There are many good options besides AA. SMART RECOVERY, Moderation Management, The Sinclair Method, ( with Naltrexone) Harm Reduction.
WATCH One Little Pill by Claudia Christian, The Business of Recovery by Greg Horvath and my film The 13th Step by Monica Richardson all on AMAZON and Vimeo.
A jury found a Newbury Park man guilty of sexually assaulting two women he met through Alcoholics Anonymous programs.
After about a two-week trial in Ventura County Superior Court, jurors on Thursday voted unanimously and found William Beliveau, 64, guilty of one felony count of sexual penetration of an adult woman while she was intoxicated, said Senior Deputy District Attorney Erik Nasarenko.
Jurors also found Beliveau guilty of one felony count of sexual penetration of an adult woman while she was asleep or unconscious. The Newbury Park man could face a maximum of 10 years in state prison when he returns to court for sentencing on Aug. 24, Nasarenko said.
I was sad to hear that this actor Nelsan Ellis died from kicking alcohol- Going cold turkey is never a good idea when addicted to alcohol. But its not uncommon for Hollywood to push ALL AA on its fellow actors. Sad sad situation.
I wonder if he knew about Naltrexone, vitvitrol and using a Harm Reduction Method over time, then quitting. There are Doctors who will work with patients giving them medications to stop having a seizure from the detox.
Ellis died July 8 from heart failure complications at age 39. His family issued a statement attributing the heart failure to longtime alcohol and drug abuse.
The actor was born in Harvey, Ill., and lived in Alabama with his aunt and siblings before moving back to Chicago at age 15. After joining the Marines for a short period of time, he studied at Illinois State University and went on to get a degree from Juilliard School. In addition to his fan-favorite role as Lafayette Reynolds on HBO’s “True Blood,” he also appeared in “The Soloist,” “The Butler,” “Elementary,” and “The Help.”
My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/nelsan-ellis-funeral-dead-true-blood-1202496382/
DId you get hoodwinked. Were you told ‘Take what you like and leave the rest” ?
But after 7 months then all hell broke lose that I needed to take that 1st part of the 1st step or I wouldn’t get the WHOLE program! Which part of their stupid program are “they” referring to?
I was 18- Young and Naive and never knew what made a cult a cult. I didnt want to drink. I was a good little AA soldier already. SO why did I need to confess that I was Powerless to make them happy?
I will make it my mission to shrink AA to 10 % of its current size.
TO get it out of Medicine The FAA, THE BON, Our courts and penal system and out of our mental wards in Real Hospitals.
Get AA out of rehab. Shut down all sober Living run by Steppers.
Put in its place real clinics which are held accountable to treat – offer medications etc- not prayer and 12 steps and a blue Book from 1935 .
Nothing worse then a true believer that has flipped. LOL
Join us on FACEBOOK and Twiitter
SAY NOT TO AA FOR DUI or any other god dang reason.
Actor Nelsan Ellis, who portrayed Lafayette Reynolds on HBO’s “True Blood,” died from heart complications on Saturday, and now his family wants everyone to know why.
Ellis’ manager Emily Gerson Saines shared with The Hollywood Reporter on Monday that his death came as a result of his attempt to quit alcohol.
I am so sorry to hear this news. They are saying he went to rehab many times and it failed him. Of course it did. True Blood has a stepper as one of its stars, a writer and I beleive one of the creators is a stepper. So can you imagine how they must have circled him and pushed him to their Failing rehabs like Betty Ford or Hazelton or where Mad Mens Star went.
My condolences to the family . SAD — so sad – must stop AA in Hollywood pushing AA horshit from 1935 .