New postcard to educate everyone about the alternatives that exist BESIDES AA.
New postcard to educate everyone about the alternatives that exist BESIDES AA.
Some people find that even after leaving AA- 20 years ago – 6 months ago – 2 years ago – those “readings are still lingering in your head as your head hits the pillow.
What is that all about anyway? Were we really brainwashed ? Many say – “No” that cant be… AA is not a cult. ” Many of us say yes, yes – it is a cult and here is why.
I too wondered why was it that people get sucked in so quickly – I think it is a many pronged factor.
The things people say in meetings, like : Only WE CAN HELP YOU
You will die or go insane or go to jail if you leave here.
You must come here forever, Only WE Understand you …. we are special —
Loaded language is used in AA and in all cults. I will continue this thread adding in how I deprogrammed and how you to can be free not only from the meetings – buts its ideology.
Join us on FACEBOOK- Deprogramming from AA or any 12 step group.
There are professionals that can help too. Rachel Bernstein in a great resource-
WHEN did drug court begin in your state.
Do you want to stop this? How can you help? contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact NY General Service Office – and express your complaints about Court Ordering.
NYC AA International Headquarters located in the Interfaith Building on Riverside Drive in Harlem.
Ask for Greg Tobin General Service Manager/President of AA, or Albin Zezula .
It has been reported to us that there are many long time AA members who are very upset about forced attendance to AA meetings. They are saying it is ruining their atmosphere inside the rooms. We agree- but- it is a 1st amendment civil rights violation to be forced to attend a religious organization by ones government. So many who get a DUI or any ticket have no idea what AA is. Some young people I know, especially one young male, who was a Muslim was very offended and shocked he was forced to go to such a lay person religious group and many are atheists who are equally insulted. We are fighting back.
If you are still in AA, you can bring this up at every level in AA.
Courts could have a group downtown where all 7 free options could be shown them. That’s it. No one should be forced there.
Please call the ACLU, The Atheists Society and NY AA to file a complaint as well as your local State Attorney General. Call them. Email them.
Important Article by Gabrielle Glaser about Twelve Steps to Danger: How Alcoholics Anonymous Can Be a Playground for Violence-Prone Members
This is posted here with the permission of the writer herself.
Post written by Carrie Lee
So after a year of sporadically making my way through the Orange Papers and being involved here on this forum here’s my take on what’s going on with AA:
1. The premise and dominant philosophies of AA came from the Oxford Groups – a puritanical fundamentalist Christian group started by a nazi sympathiser
2. The program, a mish-mash of poor philosophy and random spirituality, was cobbled together through the ‘inspiration’ of a megalomaniac, womanising, momentarily-physically-sober madman with absolutely no supportive evidence that it could be relevant to alcoholics except the backing of one doctor who was apparently impressed with the idea of peer support (wow, what a concept). The god-stuff was entirely erroneous.
3. The program was given credibility when they lobbied the AMA to call alcoholism a disease so it would be covered by insurance …and so the now billion dollar D&A industry was born to perpetuate the myth
4. The program has always had a heavy confessional component that keeps people focused on their negatives, their self-esteem low and their minds therefore malleable
5. This allows for an environment in which control-freaks and predators can thrive and prey on the vulnerable
6. The program has no greater success rate than the percentage of people giving up naturally in any given year. Further, there are many components of both the program itself and the way people apply it that actively work against a person’s sobriety and well-being from simple ideas like don’t get a partner or job when both are proven to be tremendously helpful to people wishing to get sober, to the harmful such as “it’s a disease, you are powerless and will need us forever”, to the seriously dangerous like “don’t take your meds”
7. While you could forgive it for not being effective, it’s hard to forgive the serious harm done through sexual abuse, mental manipulation, guilt-tripping and humiliation that lead to suicides, binge drinking, premature death, loss of family, friends and support structures and at the very least, many lost years and opportunities
8. The program will never be altered in light of new evidence and proven current support mechanisms.
What’s not to like eh??!?!?!?!?!
As a long time ex AA member I HIGHLY recommend you DO NOT send your children to any 12 step rehab or sober living. AA is 95 % fail rate.
CONTACT us at email@example.com for questions or concerns.
Get your copy digitally of The 13th Step at red hot prices. $1.99 rent for (72 hours) $5.99 to buy.
Are you tired of the court ordering of Violent and sex offenders to AA?
Are you tired of shows like MOM on CBS proselytizing AA as if it is the only game in town.
Were you or a family member abused in a 12 step sober living or 12 step rehab that failed.
Were you 13 stepped?
Were you abused by your AA sponsor?
Were you raped by an AA member.
Are you a professional forced to go to AA for 3-5 years? Were you forced to JOIN and organization from 1935 against your free will?
Are you a Musician forced to go to an expensive rehab or no Record Deal ?
Did you lose your child to the AA cult thinking?
Did your loved one die in 12 step sober living or 12 step rehab?
Time to fight back. Join us in a private FACEBOOK group as we come together to expose the dirty little and big secrets that we all know about AA and NA>
FYI There are many good options besides AA. SMART RECOVERY, Moderation Management, The Sinclair Method, ( with Naltrexone) Harm Reduction.
WATCH One Little Pill by Claudia Christian, The Business of Recovery by Greg Horvath and my film The 13th Step by Monica Richardson all on AMAZON and Vimeo.
A jury found a Newbury Park man guilty of sexually assaulting two women he met through Alcoholics Anonymous programs.
After about a two-week trial in Ventura County Superior Court, jurors on Thursday voted unanimously and found William Beliveau, 64, guilty of one felony count of sexual penetration of an adult woman while she was intoxicated, said Senior Deputy District Attorney Erik Nasarenko.
Jurors also found Beliveau guilty of one felony count of sexual penetration of an adult woman while she was asleep or unconscious. The Newbury Park man could face a maximum of 10 years in state prison when he returns to court for sentencing on Aug. 24, Nasarenko said.
I was sad to hear that this actor Nelsan Ellis died from kicking alcohol- Going cold turkey is never a good idea when addicted to alcohol. But its not uncommon for Hollywood to push ALL AA on its fellow actors. Sad sad situation.
I wonder if he knew about Naltrexone, vitvitrol and using a Harm Reduction Method over time, then quitting. There are Doctors who will work with patients giving them medications to stop having a seizure from the detox.
Ellis died July 8 from heart failure complications at age 39. His family issued a statement attributing the heart failure to longtime alcohol and drug abuse.
The actor was born in Harvey, Ill., and lived in Alabama with his aunt and siblings before moving back to Chicago at age 15. After joining the Marines for a short period of time, he studied at Illinois State University and went on to get a degree from Juilliard School. In addition to his fan-favorite role as Lafayette Reynolds on HBO’s “True Blood,” he also appeared in “The Soloist,” “The Butler,” “Elementary,” and “The Help.”
My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/nelsan-ellis-funeral-dead-true-blood-1202496382/